2 Interns: Economic Affairs - Nkafu Policy Institute
he Nkafu Policy Institute of the Denis & Lenora FORETIA Foundation is pleased to announce the opening of TWO INTERNSHIP POSITIONS for its Economic Affairs Section. This internship is open to recent bachelor’s or master’s degree graduates who are willing to develop skills in rigorous policy analysis and quantitative economic research. Willing to commit six months to the internship. Eight Hours a day, Five days a week.
- A bachelor degree or Masters in Economics, Statistics or any related discipline.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of economic concepts in exploring and analyzing global and domestic economic issues.
- Be able to conduct, evaluate and communicate research findings both orally and in writing.
- Have a mastery of the English Language and working Knowledge of French.
- Have a Mastery of the French Language and Working Knowledge of English.
- Understands and able to apply statistical concepts to real world problems.
- Possess advance user capabilities in Excel and at least some basic ability of either SAS, STATA, R or some other relevant statistical Software.
- Applicants should submit a two-page write-up on any topic of their choosing. This should be an analysis of any current economic phenomena within Cameroon or the Central African Sub-Region. (Times New Romans, 12 Font Size and single spacing)
- Applicants should also specify their particular area of interest (Development or Macro/Micro Economics).
- Be Ready and Willing to do field work. Administering questionnaires and conducting interviews when necessary.
- The Interns on a weekly basis will each produce one short article based on an analysis of economic news of the previous week. (The Week in Brief).
- They will each produce one long article every month.
- They will actively participate in research, data collection, analysis, and the writing of the long research papers using an econometric approach as well as business statistics.
- They have to present data in formats that make summary findings easy to understand (such as pie charts, bar charts, time series slots etc.).
They will carry on any other related duties as deemed by the Team and Foundation Leadership.
Apply for this job