Do you need skilled, trained employees with integrity and Character? Contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Brite Academy (Brite) is an international social innovation, human and technology-driven company with headquarters in Buea, Cameroon. Brite Academy is created to train and prepare students and graduates with skills, practical trainings and mentorship needed for the 21st century job market through “Reskilling to jobs of the future”.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Development Officer works to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. As Business Development Manager It is your job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the company. To achieve this, you need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
The primary role of the Business Development Officer is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. You must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with Brite Academy. You must develop a rapport with new clients and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. You are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. As Business Development Officer you will manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. Your main duties as Business Development Officer are as follows:
1. New Business Development
• Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
• Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
• Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
2. Client Retention
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
3. Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
4. Management and Research
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
• Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
• Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
• Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
• Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
• Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
Qualifications of the candidate
An ideal candidate should display the following qualities, skills, and experience:
• A university degree in economics, business administration, marketing, social sciences, communications or related fields;
• At least two years of experience in a related field
• Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills, strong analytics, creativity and attention to detail;
• Command of business consulting tools, especially Excel modelling, business-plan analysis, interview techniques, and research;
• Excellent time management and communication skills. You should be able to manage projects independently without a lot of guidance, and to be able to manage several projects at the same time under time pressure;
• Fluent written and oral English and French;
• Commitment to serving society’s needs;
• A high level of personal integrity and teamwork spirit.
What we offer to you
• A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us
• An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the organization.
• A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team.
• A volunteer (unpaid) position, with the possibility to turn into full-time paid positions based on performance and project needs.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate, in English, by email, to the following email address: email@example.com and copying firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Business Development Officer” by August 19th, 2020. If your profile is suitable, we will contact you for an interview.
For more information about Brite Academy, visit us at www.briteacdemy.net
Please note: Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!