Do you need skilled, trained employees with integrity and Character? Contact us now at email@example.com
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER S
Brite Academy International
Call for Applications
Brite Academy International (BAI) is an international social innovation, human and technology-driven company with headquarters in Buea, Cameroon. Brite Academy is created to train and prepare students and graduates with skills, practical trainings and mentorship needed for the 21st century job market through “Reskilling to jobs of the future”.
Brite Academy International has two work mainstreams:
i. Training and Career Development: Under this workstream, BAI carries out the following activities: Online/onsite school; masterclasses; professional trainings and the Apprenticeship program.
ii. Business Development and Innovation (B-Consulting): Under this workstream, BAI carries out the following activities: Co-working spaces; institutional trainings; project development and finance; incubation and acceleration program and SMEs and social entrepreneur’s support activities.
To successfully implement these two workstreams, Brite Academy International (BAI) is in need of two Business Development Officers to spearhead operations under these two workstreams.
2. Scope of Work
As a Business Development Officer your job is to improve Brite Academy International market position and achieve financial growth; define long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. To achieve these goals, the Business Development Officer will have to work with an internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Brite Academy International.
Main Goal/Objective if this Role:
Your main objective will be to grow the business stream you are hired for into a fully profitable business Unit within the Company.
Alternatively, Business Development Officer will work across many different businesses, but with a specific focus on either:
• B2B (business to business)
• B2C (business to consumer).
As a business development manager, you'll need to:
• Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
• Developing growth strategies and plans
• Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
• Increasing client base
• Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
• Writing business proposals
• Negotiating with stakeholders
• Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
• Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
• Following industry trends locally and internationally
• Drafting and reviewing contracts
• Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
• Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
• Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
• Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
• Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
• Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the communication and marketing department
• Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
• Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
As the role of BAI Business Development Officer is more sales orientated, you will also require :
• High-level communication skills
• Stakeholder management skills
• Proven ability to negotiate
• Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
• Conflict resolution
• The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
• Experience working to and exceeding targets
• The ability to manage a sales cycle from inception to closure of deals
• Generate Revenue and ensure profitability
4. Qualifications of the candidate
The ideal candidates should display the following qualities, skills, and experience:
• A university degree in business development, economics, finance, marketing, management or related fields.
• At least 5years of experience in a related field or similar role
• Proven track record of business development success (You will be required to provide proof of such)
• Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills, strong analytics, creativity and attention to detail.
• Command of business consulting tools, especially Excel modelling, business-plan analysis, interview techniques, and research.
• Excellent time management and communication skills. You should be able to manage projects independently without a lot of guidance, and to be able to manage several projects at the same time under time pressure.
• Fluent written and oral English and French.
• Commitment to serving society’s needs.
• A high level of personal integrity and teamwork spirit.
What we offer to you
• A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us
• An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the organization.
• A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team.
• Possibility to join an exciting adventure and liaise with very skilled and visionary experts (local and international)
• An opportunity to be part if realizing a vision that will change the skilled labor market of Cameroon and beyond
• An opportunity to challenge yourself and grow beyond your own expectations
5. How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate, in English, by email, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Business Development Officer: Training and Career Development” or “Business Development Officer: B-Consulting” by June 30th, 2021.
Please note: Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about Brite Academy International, visit us at www.briteacdemy.net