Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Communication and public relation Officer of the DIGNITI project will:
• Represent NRC at the coordination forums and support the work of the DIGNITI project to identify and utilise communication opportunities;
• Prepare and regularly update analysis, updates, key messages, talking points and briefing materials for private and public use;
• Lead efforts in the development and implementation of the project’s communication and public relation strategies;
• Support on the development and coordination of the implementation of external communication (public information, communication, reporting) and media (local media and social media) strategy, proposals and plans;
• Train and develop programme staff to build capacity in developing communication materials and engaging with media;
• Any other tasks and responsibilities falling under the sections mandate, as instructed by the line manager.
• Ensure that communications materials, including talking points and key messages, are consistently updated and are of a high quality and consistency with policy and protection frameworks;
• Research and keep updated on policy, political and contextual developments in Cameroon as they relate to NRC programs and priorities;
• In coordination with the Project Coordinator, work with project staff to develop analysis for policy and practice changes within the project;
• Update and analyse project information and statistics to support communication and media outreach;
• Contribute to the development of communications components for the project’s activities and reporting;
• Promote NRC Cameroon in national, regional and international media for communication and programme purposes, including through maintaining a network of journalists in Cameroon and the African Continent who report on humanitarian issues;
• Ensure the delivery of quality communication products related to the project (feature stories, press releases, newsletters, photo-stories, photo database, etc.) for NRC’s social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and for NRC´s website;
• Support national power and stakeholder analysis particularly related to government actors/local authorities and advise the Project Coordinator on strategic use of national media opportunities to develop NRC’s reputation;
• Support the project’s team with the preparation for external visits to project’s field activities by media, and others, ensuring NRC’s media guidelines and policies are observed.