Consultant Nutrition, Maroua, Kousseri, Cameroon
Closing date: Wednesday, 5 July 2017
Ensure the follow-up of Cameroon's PCIMAS program in the Logone Chari department.
The Consultant in charge of Nutrition will be responsible for:
To support governmental and non-governmental partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of nutrition interventions in the Logone and Chari Department.
To act as a technical expert on emergency nutrition interventions to provide strategic and operational technical assistance to implementing partners, in particular for collecting the analysis and regular transmission of program performance in the Logone and Chari department.
To contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of interventions in the preparation and nutritional response to emergencies through the analysis of databases, requests and reports and undertake regular visits to intervention sites the quality of the answer.
ACTIVITIES, RESULTS, SCHEDULE AND BUDGETS BY RESULTS
The transactions will be spread over the period from 01 May 2017 to 30 March 2018 according to the breakdown presented in the table below
1. Support program development and planning
§ Contribute to the preparation of the situation analysis by collecting data, analyzing and evaluating information;
§ Participate in periodic reviews of the nutrition program with government counterparts and other partners
2. Program management, monitoring and results management
§ Work closely with colleagues and internal and external partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide appropriate solutions, recommendations and / or alerts. Conducting reports and evaluations to facilitate analysis and identification of lessons learned.
§ Provide data for the preparation of the Program Status Report, as required by the Section, Management, donors, budget review, program analysis, annual reports, etc.
3. Technical and operational support for the implementation of the program
§ Conduct site visits to follow-up on nutritional centers (CNAS, CNTI) and community nutrition interventions / activities
§ Identify training needs and capacity building objectives
§ Track supplies, analyze and evaluate nutritional center data, including supply inventory data to ensure the achievement of objectives and / or take corrective action, if necessary, to meet program objectives;
§ Ensure that nutrition information is accurate and timely recorded in the program information system and produce / disseminate monthly status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes;
§ Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGOs, UN system partners, implementation and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on nutrition and related issues To the implementation of the program.
4. Networking and Partnerships
§ Facilitate synergistic collaboration on nutrition between government, UN agencies, civil society, including national and international organizations and donors;
§ Maintain effective communication, networking and information sharing with governmental and non-governmental partners on progress in the implementation of activities.
5. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
• Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and stakeholder capacity building.
• Seek innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and achievement of program outcomes.
Monthly payments will be made after production of monthly reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Have a university degree (Maitrise) in Nutrition, Medicine or Public Health;
Have at least two (02) years of professional experience and accountability in the management of Nutrition Program with a focus on managing acute malnutrition. Working experience in an International Organization will be an asset. The experience of at least one year in emergencies is an asset as well.
Be able to work and facilitate discussions with multiple partners;
Be able to work in difficult contexts, especially in terms of security;
Justify a good command of the computer tool and the software of word-processing and e-mail.
The Consultant will have a working space (office) under negotiation with the health district of Kousseri.
The consultant should have his / her own laptop.
His travel within the framework of this work will be carried out by the consultant. This should be included in the financial offer. The consultant will have to justify personal coverage by a valid health insurance. UNICEF does not offer health insurance.
SUBMISSION OF THE PROPOSAL
Applications must be submitted to UNICEF Cameroon by the deadline containing the following required documents:
Technical proposal: The consultant must prepare a proposal in response to the mandate, ensuring that the purpose, objectives, scope, criteria and expected outcomes of the evaluation are addressed. The draft workplan and timetable for the evaluation should be included. The technical proposal must also include the updated CV and personal form (P11).
2. Financial proposal: Offer with breakdown of costs: Consultation fees, travel expenses, other costs. The financial proposal must be presented in a separate file clearly labeled "financial proposal".
UNICEF will retain the offer of the candidate with the highest overall score (technical note + financial note), a score greater than or equal to 75/100. These offers will be marked according to the following criteria:
1 / TECHNICAL EVALUATION (75/100 points)
Qualifications / Experiences - 15 Points
- Academic qualifications (1)
- Qualifications and knowledge in the field (2)
- Experiences of similar projects (2)
- Comparative advantage with other candidates (2)
- Experience with UN / UNICEF and length of experience (2)
- Language: Master of French (2)
- Master of English (2)
- Accepting field missions (2)
Answers - 5 points
- Completeness of answer (2)
- Concordance between TOR, proposal and technical offer (3)
Proposed methodology and approach - 35 points
- Approach / Proposed techniques for the realization of the work (methodology, chronogram, results in stages) (20)
- Methodology for the induction phase (10)
- Innovations (5)
- Technical Interviews: (20)
2 / FINANCIAL EVALUATION (25/100 points)
Description - 20 points
- Relevance to the proposal made by section (4)
- Relevance of the different budgeted stages compared to the expected deliverables (6)
- Realism in Costing (5)
- All the stages budgeted (5)
Answers - 5 points
- Completeness of responses (2)
- Concordance between TORs, deliverables and technical offer (3)
Apply for this job