JOB REFERENCE: DMO001/CRENC-IeDEA/04-2019
SALARY: Competitive and commensurate with experience
TERMS: Permanent Full Time
CLOSING DATE: 28 April 2019
Expected start date: 1st May, 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB
With the help of a team of doctors, nurses/data clerks at the North West regional hospital in Bamenda, South West regional hospital in Limbe, and Jamot Hospital in Yaoundé, key routine care data are extracted from patient files using standardized paper forms. Some primary data is also obtained from patients during routine clinic visits. The data is then entered into RedCap, a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for managing the process for data collection on standardized paper forms, storage, quality control and supervision of entry into RedCap. S/he will help supervise a team of data clerks at each site, ensure timely and efficient data extraction and data entry at each site and in partnership with Research Operations Director and IT Manager ensure quality control and timely upload and collation in RedCap. S/he will also work collaboratively with both local and US team on data cleaning and quality assurance. The Job is full-time and requires on-going travel within the study sites and occasional travel outside the country.
Data Manager is a strategic position in the organization. With the support and overview of the IeDEA Director of Research Operations, reports directly to the Cameroon Principal IeDEA Investigator.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With close collaboration and support from the Research Director,
- Streamline data collection and data entry procedures to reduce the delay between the patient visit and availability of information from this visit in the database
- Provide support and supervision to study team at each site and help maximize productivity and timely availability of data
- Review data for inconsistencies or anomalies on a weekly basis, provide weekly data collection feedback to sites and implement appropriate corrective measures, and this, in close collaboration and support from Director of Research Operations.
- Communicate with PIs about data changes or requirements,
- Working on other aspects of the CRENC-IeDEA projects as requested by the PIs
- Participate in the analysis of data and manuscript writing
- Conduct any other task as requested by the CRENC-IeDEA leadership
Ideal candidates will be Cameroonians who hold a minimum of bachelor’s degree, or Master, with prior and verifiable experience of managing large datasets. The ideal candidate must have experience using Epi-info, Excel, Epi-data, or Redcap or similar database software. S/he must be enthusiastic and passionate for research and data management. Knowledge of HIV and/or communicable/non-communicable disease would be an added advantage as is a prior supervisory experience. Candidates should be bilingual (English and French).
Evaluation of qualified candidates will include an assessment of their CVs and references as well as a competency-based interview.
How to Apply: CV’s should be no more than 4 pages
Submit your updated CV to email@example.com latest 21 April 2019. The position you are applying for should be indicated in the subject line of the email with the job reference number. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do you know why you Have Never Been Called for an Interview or scholarships?
You need Professional Help from our awesome Career experts team to develop
Winning professional CV (resume) , motivation letter & Cover Letter for you at 50% Discount?
You need career management advice?
Then contact us now. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 656140207 and get your CV, Cover Letter or Motivation delivered within hours.
Don't apply for jobs through the above email. Thank you
Recent Jobs in Cameroon New Jobs in Cameroon Jobs in Cameroon