Director of Communications
The Communication Department manages the Foundation’s external and internal communication and is charged with ensuring the visibility of the Foundation and its activities through the creation of quality content and visuals. The department is also charged with the drafting and implementation of the Foundation’s communication strategy, handling public relations, information output, press releases and media requests, social media, and email newsletters.
We are seeking a highly diligent, confident candidate with substantial management experience for the role of Director of Communications. The position comes with great responsibility, as Communications Directors are accountable for public perception of organizations. Managing this perception involves developing marketing and communication strategies, understanding the importance of timing and setting, responding to crises and setbacks, overseeing a team of diverse communications roles, and ensuring that information released is consistent with the strategy at large. This full-time position will be based in Yaounde. You will be expected to supervise a team of seven.
- Control the flow of information between the Foundation and the Public
- Along with the communications manager, the Director of Communications will determine the flow of marketing strategies, direct public relations campaigns and act as the face of the Foundation at media and other public relations events
- Develop a cohesive communications strategy.
- Oversee a diversely skilled communications team.
- Coordinate and feed the different communications platforms
- Assist in crisis management and pre-emptive planning.
- Cultivate an environment of readiness and alertness.
- Maintain an awareness of the Foundation’s risks and threats.
- Manage all media relations.
- Assist in drafting communications budgets.
- Ensure quality control of all information released.
- Assist in the capacity building of the communications team
Key Qualifications and Skills
- MBA or advanced degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field. At least five year’s working experience in a communications field;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French is required;
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- Strong, confident, and collaborative leadership.
- Good understanding of the importance of social media and be comfortable editing and posting in social media formats;
- Substantive understanding of policy issues and trends in the area of communication
- Must be able to work independently against deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience working with civil society organizations is an advantage;
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted using the online portal below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 31st January 2021.
Apply for this job