Director of Governance and Democracy Division
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a well reputed policy-related researcher/analyst in the field of governance, democracy or any related area, to coordinate the Governance and Democracy division of the Nkafu Policy Institute. This division is essential to Nkafu in its mission to promote good governance and democracy in Cameroon and Africa. The candidate will be expected to give visibility to Nkafu through a dense and high quality production of scientific works, which will be the basis for operational public policy recommendations and the establishment of a framework for exchange with public decision-makers, civil society and private organisations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Director of the Governance and Democracy Division, he/she must perform the following duties.
- Coordinate the publication of a significant number of articles in top-rated journals and a body of other work such as policy briefs, contributions to books, and insightful project reports.
- Can carry out in depth research that are able to foster the growth of the mission of the Foundation.
- Lead the initiation and completion of a number of successful, highly complex research projects.
- Participate in fundraising activities such as but not limited to submission of grant proposals;
- Identify potential donors required for the Division to leverage on;
- Define the strategic plan of the Division;
- Review and coordinate the submission of reports to donors;
- Able to meet up with project deadlines;
- Provide good strategies and technical support to implement different activities;
- Mentor and Coordinate the staff to achieve the desired objectives;
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions, present findings and make policy recommendations;
- Good analytical and writing skills; and
- Good knowledge of issues related to good governance, democracy, and or nation building
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
He/she is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of research programs. His/Her supervisory responsibilities will be in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) or equivalent in Governance and Democracy, or any other related field.
- More than ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information clearly to a range of audiences, both in writing and through public speaking.
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of English and French.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Please submit your document on or before the 14th May 2021 (12:00 p.m., Yaoundé Time).
Applications shall ONLY be accepted through the online application portal.
Kindly click on the link and fill out the application form.
The following documents are required during the application process:
- An updated detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A motivational letter;
- A passport size photograph;
- Any other relevant documents for the position.
Apply for this job