Economic Policy Analyst At Nkafu Policy Institute
The Economic Policy Analyst is responsible for planning and independently executing a significant segment of a social science research project in consultation with and under the general supervision of Senior Policy Analysts, Fellows or Senior Fellows. Designs the research approach and selects the appropriate quantitative or other tools of analysis, with consultation from senior staff. Performs analysis, draws policy inferences, writes and presents reports. May develop and write grant proposals and may also function as a principal investigator and project manager for small projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Economic Policy Analyst, he/she will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze fiscal, economic and demographic data to support the formulation and evaluation of public policies.
- Study policies, rate their effectiveness and propose evidence-based policies.
- Work with other Policy Analysts to help refine analysis, improve the accessibility, and increase the impact of Institute’s products.
- Present research findings to public policymakers, service providers and the news media all in view to provide policy advice to authorities and educate the public.
- Stay abreast with regional and national research and policy issues relevant to the Foundation’s mission and vision.
- Support efforts to respond to requests for information and technical assistance from other policymakers and the media.
- Write and publish policy briefs, Op-Eds and reports.
- Be involved in the execution of grants activities if and when called upon to do so.
Essential Qualification skills and experience
- Holder of at least a Master’s degree in Economics or any other related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Have a detailed understanding of current economic trends and issues.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, primarily written to be able to produce rapid, concise and insightful reports and analysis of economic developments.
- Vital networking and relationship management skills. The successful candidate will need to develop and extend existing contacts and maintain a vast network.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience in Program Management and event delivery would be an asset.
- Flexible approach, strong initiative and adaptability
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of English and French
Application Deadline: Please submit your document on or before the 8th May 2021
Note: Applications shall ONLY be accepted through the online application portal: we shall NOT accept resumes by email.
Kindly click on the link and fill out the application form. The following documents will be required during the application process
- An updated detailed curriculum vitae
- A motivational letter
- A passport size photograph
- Any other relevant documents relevant for the position
Apply for this job