International Medical Corps Cameroon has recently expanded its activities in the Logone and Chari subdivision of the far north region of Cameroon, in response to the identified humanitarian needs created by the Boko Haram conflict in the Lake Chad basin. International Medical Corps have been operating in Cameroon since 2008 with offices and activities in Adamaoua, East, North and Far North regions of Cameroon, running an integrated and multi sectoral project including programs such as Wash, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection and Gender base Violence.
The main role of the field manager is to coordinate all activities within its area of ??responsibility including programs and support services. He/She will be based in Kousseri and directly report to Field Coordinator based in Mokolo service.
He/she will provide an overall leadership and supervision to head of department based in Kousseri and he/she will work closely with technical coordinators (Health, Nutrition, Wash, Child Protection and GBV) He/She will also interact and collaborate with Senior Management Team as appropriate.
In particular, s/he will ensure adherence to agreed work plans and reporting schedules as well as full compliance to IMCâ€™s policies in the areas of Finance, HR, Logistics and Information Management
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK:
- In coordination with the Field coordinator oversee all International Medical Corps programs activities in Logone and Chari subdivision and be responsible for ensuring all programme activities are of excellent technical quality
- Oversee program activities, Health, Nutrition, Wash, Child Protection, GBV, Reproductive Health, in the Logone and Chari Subdivision.
- Lead work plan, spending and procurement plans development and review for each Grant in the Logone and Chari subdivision and ensure they are matching and applied by program managers/support service officers within the subdivision;
- Coordinate all program activities in the areas of responsibility including Health, Nutrition, Wash,GBV and CP programming
- Ensure each program has a training plan exist in the first month of the project and it is applied accordingly;
- Ensure each program conducts monthly spot check in the warehouse for their respective supplies and material;
- Contribute to concept notes and proposals development for all programs in the covered areas;
- Assist in developing formal and informal training materials to build the capacity of line ministries, refugees and the host population with the support of Technical Coordinators;
- Assist in development of a monitoring and evaluation system for the programs
- Ensure that supplies and staff movement plan to and from kousseri are in place
- Ensure IMC compliance with Cameroon MoPH Basic Package of Health services and protocols for curative, MCH, EPI, HIV/AIDS, health education, disease and nutrition surveillance