Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. However, these are often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. In addition, it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. Moreover, we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Background; Plan International Cameroon’s response plan for the NOSO crisis is currently being implemented through Bamenda PU Officer. The response program is a multi-sector programming approaches to enable children and youth, with particular emphasis on vulnerable girls and young women, to survive, grow and realize their potential in a supportive environment becoming active and contributing citizens. Plan is contributing to building community awareness on conflict related abuses and a comprehensive and coordinated response to victims of the violence committed by the two parties in the conflict. The different sectors of intervention include Education, Child protection, NFI distribution and distribution monitoring. Bamenda PU Office is currently running two sub offices in Buea and in Kumba all in the South West region and the main office is in Bamenda. Due to the nature of the crisis and the leading position Plan International Cameroon is playing in the regions affected by the crisis, the finance department of Bamenda PU is in an increasing need of finance staff to support the team.
The announced departure of the finance Coordinator of Bamenda PU and the Transfer of two Account Assistant to the Country office, there is only One Finance staff in Bamenda PU Finance Department thus a need for professional interns to support the extra out of system work in the department.
The following are some of the task that are expected to be done during the transition period in Bamenda with the Finance Coordinator;
2. The professional Intern shall be required to do the following:
- Filing of all voucher packages and other finance documents
- Cancellation of each document in a package with the paid stamp
- Sorting and photocopying of Advance vouchers to facilitate liquidation of Advances
- Recording of all documents dispatched and received in the Finance Department in appropriate registers
- Assisting in retrieving documents for specific activities from file when required
- Preparation of the Bank reconciliation whenever assigned.
- Any other relevant task
3. Profile required
- At least HND in accounting/BAC Comptabilite
- Having worked for at least two months as an intern in any organisation in the Finance department is an added advantage.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Bamenda – CAMEROON
- Closing date: March 24th, 2020
FOLLOW LINK TO APPLY : https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Bamenda-Finance-Intern-NW/595616401/
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English, will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
It takes more than just applying to land a good job or even reach the interview phase.
You need new innovative job searching strategies, new job application documents, you need a new mindset and we are your best partner.
Contact our career experts to review & correct your CV, cover letter, motivation letter into winning credentials. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 675544686