Fleet Management Officer - Douala, Cameroon
This is a 13 month Fixed Term Contract
About IHS Towers
Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms sector engineers, IHS is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure, or tower operators in the world with over 23,000 towers. IHS is the largest independent tower operator in Africa and EMEA and the third largest independent multinational tower operator globally, in both cases by tower count.
Establishment and strengthening of car pool management procedures. Implementation of controls to improve the monitoring of the company's activities and the achievement of operational objectives.
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices.
- Plan and prepare annual budget and expenditures.
- Tracking and diagnostics of vehicles (advise the Directors on vehicle replacement and purchasing policies, displaying a sound knowledge of new vehicle types and vehicle related products).
- To track vehicles via GPS an report, using GPS on vehicle movement reports.
- Driver management (follow up of mission allowances to allocate to drivers; follow technician’s issues with their drivers and investigate when necessary).
- Fleet security (deal with all aspects of the company’s obligations to the Department of Transport including vehicle annual tests, record keeping and fleet inspections).
- Fleet replacement and maintenance (plan and organise the maintenance of all company vehicles, ensuring that service and inspection intervals are adhered to).
- Compliance of Government regulations (deal with all aspects of the company’s obligations to the Department of Transport including vehicle annual tests, record keeping and fleet inspections).
- Make recommendations that would improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the garage operation.
- Generates detailed records and reports as required (such as car accident report)
- Must support Fleet Maintenance Agency with overtime when required with inspection of tendered equipment to make sure specifications are met.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in Logistics or Fleet Management.
- Graduate of Higher Education, BAC + 3 in Logistics, Management.
- Strong car mechanics background is essential.
- Training in internal control and risk management.
- Insurance knowledges (will be appreciable).
- Good knowledge of internal control rules and the relevant accounting standards.
- Can write succinct and actionable reports on the subjects dealt with.
- Be available to travel frequently on sites within the country.
- Solid knowledge in the use of IT software.