Grant Accountant - Plan International
Company: Plan International
Plan International Cameroon is a Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. Plan International is a children’s organization with primary concerns on children’s rights, safety and well-being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child Protection Policy. Plan International also promotes equal opportunity employment and pays special consideration to female candidates.
Dimensions of Role:
- Business planning processes
- Accounting and treasury
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Capacity building
- Business planning process
- Participate in the annual budgeting process
- Participate in the review of the grant proposals to ensure that part of the budget is allocated to cover regular Plan International expenditures (salaries, rent, utilities...)
- Review all grant Project Outlines to ensure that the overhead in the proposal has been inserted in an account line
- Accounting and treasury :
- Ensure that journal entries are prepared on a monthly basis for salary cost recovery
- Ensure that the overhead budget is spent in a monthly basis through payment and journal vouchers
- Financial reporting and analysis:
- Prepare a Budget Versus Actual for overhead budget on a monthly basis
- Prepare the cost recovery report on a monthly basis basis on the approved budget before recording to the General Ledger( Accounting system)
- Always update the project managers on the status of overhead and all cost to be recovered on the project and work with them to propose the use of the budget for management approval
- Capacity Building
Building the capacity of non-Accounting staff to acquire knowledge in finance procedures Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to draft clear and precise report in responding to grants queries
- A good understanding of Plan financial systems and grants management system for efficiency and compliance
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have very good interpersonal relationship with colleagues and supervisors.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Grants Project/Program Coordinators and manger – high
- Program Technical Advisor - Medium
- Program Support Manager - Medium
- Country Finance Manager – High
- Grants Accountant – High
- Grants Support Manager - High
- Country Accountant – High
- Business Analyst- High
- PUMs- Low
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Accounting/Finance/Management
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role or in grants management
- Fair knowledge of project management
- Good experience and knowledge of accounting and grant funds management regulations and procedures;
- Good experience and knowledge on internal financial controls and procedures.
- Good experience in project reporting requirements and knowledge of Plan’s financial systems and procedures.
- Good team player (ability to work in a team)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially spread sheets (e.g. excel )
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Self starter and innovative
- Good English and French is an asset
- Independent minded, objective and demonstrate a sense of integrity.
- Organized, methodic and meticulous
- Innovation and willingness to learn at a faster rate
- Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
- Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behavior accordingly
- Tolerant of difference - cultural sensitivity in relation to its impact on HR
- Monthly feedback on time
- Monthly Reporting on time.
Physical Environment and Demands:
The position holder will work in a typical office environment with some of his/her colleagues in same office environment and others on the field. The Mobility in the Plan Program Units will be about 70% .
Plan international operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourage diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International has a Child Protection and a gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Do you know why you Have Never Been Called for an Interview or scholarships?
You need Professional Help from our awesome Career experts team to develop
Winning professional CV (resume) , motivation letter & Cover Letter for you at 50% Discount?
You need career management advice?
Then contact us now. Email us at: email@example.com or call 656140207 and get your CV, Cover Letter or Motivation delivered within hours.
Don't apply for jobs through the above email. Thank you
Recent Jobs in Cameroon New Jobs in Cameroon Jobs in Cameroon
Apply for this job