NRC has been operational in Cameroon since April 2017, and currently has five field offices; Maroua and Kousseri in the Far North, Buea in the South-west, Bamenda in the North-west and Batouri in the East, as well as the capital office in Yaounde.
The programme portfolio includes five core competencies; ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), Livelihood and Food Security, WASH, Shelter and Education.
As the HR and Administration Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the HR system is in adherence to both NRC standards and the country legal parameters. You will also be responsible for establishing and managing overall administration aspects of NRC in the country.
Role and responsibilities
- Implementation of the Global Standards and initiatives (NRC People Management Systems, Talent Management, Learning & Development initiative, Duty of care, PSEA…)
- Lead development of and coordinate implementation of HR processes related to workforce planning, diversity and inclusion, induction processes, performance management, professional development and nationalization strategies.
- Monitor and analyze trends that contribute to strategic HR management for NRC Cameroon (Including through internal Triannual Reporting, and Key Performance Indicators)
- Support staff care and welfare
- Anticipate and /or help resolve complex employee relations issues, including Code of Conduct violations, grievances and under-performance
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law
- Training, support, control and development of HR teams
- Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
- Office and accommodation management: (offices, residences and guesthouse).
- Country Office documentation: electronic archiving via the filing tree of NRC’s official documents, national administration requirement (registration, legal services and documentation)
- Induction and welcome packages for staff/visitors (travel, transport arrangement)
- Work permit, immigration and visa (for staff, guest and consultancies) processing
- Staffing responsibilities or service contractors for: cleaners, receptionist, maintenance,
- Liaise with logistics to ensure up to date framework agreements: legal firm, psychologist, medical provider, hotels, among others
- Oversee all administrative relations and processes with government ministries
Scale and scope of position
- Staff: 1 HR Coordinator and matrix management of Field HR Officers with the Area Managers
- Budgets: Multiple
- Information: NRC People, Agresso (and also its payroll module), O365, Share point, T reports
- Legal or compliance: Labor law, staff data protection
- Minimum three years of experience working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum First Level University Degree in Human Resources
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context and local languages of Cameroon (advantageous)
- Experience with strategic HR management and HR systems development / quality management
- Experience with medium-scale recruitment and on-boarding processes
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
Find more details HR&ADMINMANAGERCAMEROON
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 24 months fixed term contract renewable
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
This role is open to Cameroonian Nationals Only!
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site