Announcement Internship - Communications & Media
Duty Station: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Preferred start date: 1 Mai 2019
Duration: 6 months
Host agency: UNAIDS CAMEROON
Application deadline: 14 April 2019
Cameroon's UNAIDS Country Office (UCO) is seeking an Intern to assist with communications and media activities to raise awareness on HIV/AIDS and mobilise support to end the AIDS epidemic.
The Intern will be based at Cameroon's UCO in Yaoundé and will work as a member of the UCO Team as well as with representatives of the UN Joint Team on HIV/AIDS and other partner organizations (government, civil society and development partners).
The assignment represents a good opportunity for the incumbent to learn from others and from practical work in the field as well as to share knowledge and experience. The assignment must be undertaken as part of university studies or training courses at a graduate level. Only registered students can be considered for this volunteer, non-remunerated assignment.
Description of Duties/Tasks
• Assist with developing UCO’s social media presence including on Twitter and Facebook by developing content for tweets and postings as well as 30-60 second video clips.
• Assist with development of communication products, including fact-sheets, corporate brochures, website articles and other communications products.
• Assist with layout of documents and graphical design and presentation of information.
• Other tasks as assigned by UNAIDS Country Director.
• Timely and meaningful assistance and support to the above-mentioned tasks.
• Updated Twitter and Facebook pages and increase in followers.
• Reports of quality produced with editorial and graphic design assistance.
• Candidates must still be enrolled in university and preferably doing studies in fields of Public Health, Social Sciences or in related subjects.
• Interest in HIV/AIDS issues
• Prior work experience in area of HIV/AIDS or other public health issue desirable
• Previous experience in working on communications and media an asset
• Very good interpersonal and communications skills, graphic design skills a plus
• Experience in interacting with people from different cultures and backgrounds
• Good organization, communication and presentation skills
• Pro-active and independent individual who takes initiative
• Proven ability to work as part of a team
• Good oral and written proficiency in both French and English
The duration of internship is for 3-6 months. The contract is established by UNAIDS Headquarters. No remuneration of any kind is offered, nor any travel or subsistence expenses covered. Intern must either be fully self-financed or all costs related to the assignment must be borne under a scholarship or financing secured directly by the Intern. Interns must provide proof of adequate health insurance; UNAIDS will provide accident insurance coverage only. Persons closely related by blood or by marriage to staff members are not eligible for internships.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, through sending a cover letter and updated CV under the subject line `Communications & Media Internship' to email@example.com by 14 April 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Do you know why you Have Never Been Called for an Interview or scholarships?
You need Professional Help from our awesome Career experts team to develop
Winning professional CV (resume) , motivation letter & Cover Letter for you at 50% Discount?
You need career management advice?
Then contact us now. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 656140207 and get your CV, Cover Letter or Motivation delivered within hours.
Don't apply for jobs through the above email. Thank you
Recent Jobs in Cameroon New Jobs in Cameroon Jobs in Cameroon