Under the overall guidance of the Chief Air Transport Officer (CATO), The Radio Operator (Flight Follower) will be part of the management of the Movement Control responsible for the following duties:
- Flight Following and Radio-room operations
- Operate radio networks such as HF/VHF radios, satellite phones, indigo satellite tracking system and receive/dispatch of messages in a secure manner;
- Monitor the progress of each UNHAS Flight as per the daily flight schedule from its point of origin to its arrival to the destination, including arrival and departure from intermediate stops;
- Each morning, check with all the scheduled destinations of aircraft, the weather and the runway condition report, as well as basic current security situation update and inform the supervisor of status of planned destinations;
- Inform daily the supervisor by e-mail or by phone of planned destinations which have not provided required information of weather and security update for further action;
- Keep dispatch officer at Yaounde International Airport informed of the weather conditions and basic security situation of planned locations by a form of radio broadcast or phone contact;
- Monitor the VHF hand held radios for information of aircraft departures and arrivals into/out of Yaounde International Airport;
- Ensure flight details are communicated to the field stations, to UNHAS staff or radio rooms before estimated time of arrival of aircraft (ETA) by means of phones call or by e-mail;
- Keep Yaounde aircraft dispatch officer informed on flight status;
- Maintain daily flight log records on paper and excel file of daily flight following summary report;
- Follow the established procedures of logging all calls during handling of emergency. Log all calls and note the times messages are received and sent to the relevant persons or contact;
- Report any technical problems immediately to the supervisor for prompt response. Provide feedback on potential improvements of telecommunication service provision including HF/VHF voice systems.
- Safety support
- Assist the Safety focal point in the conduct of SMS activities;
- Maintain an updated Crew, Aircraft and Operation library and document database;
- Maintain an updated Operations performance Dashboard;
- Prepare and produce daily, weekly and monthly statistics reports of the operations movement;
- Carry out any other duties
- Education: GCE Advanced Level or Baccalauréat
A University degree or diploma in Air Traffic Control, Telecommunication or a formal training in IATA/ICAO Radio terminology, Flight Dispatch & Air operation management training or other aviation related field will be an asset.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in Air Traffic Control, radio communications and voice control. Preference will be given to candidates with Air Traffic Control, flight dispatch, Telecommunication or air operations background.
- Experience in use of radio operations or telecommunication tracking software/tools is an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Good knowledge in the telecommunication operations and procedures and high standard computer literacy.
- Ability to operate and maintain telecommunications equipment including installation works.
- Good communication skills; ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements.
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload, demonstrate judgement, initiative, alertness and emotional stability, especially in emergency situations.
- Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies and resolve operational issues promptly.
- High sense of discretion and integrity.
- Client orientation and ability to establish effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Fluency in both oral and written French and English.
(Female Candidates are encouraged to apply)
Application’s deadline: 02/03/2020
FOLLOW THE LINK : https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Do you need skilled, trained employees with integrity and Character? Contact us now at email@example.com
Contact our career experts to review & correct your CV, cover letter, motivation letter into winning credentials. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 675544686
Find training programs, seminars & conferences going on in your town today. Click Trainings
Available: Professional Executive Development Short Programs. Add value to your CV and Gain valuable skills that will make you standout as a job seeker. Contact The Center for Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Business Management Development (CELBMD) Africa - The Pan Afican Professional Center and take a short course today. Visit www.celbmdafrica.com or email email@example.com