Research Fellow At The Small Business And Entrepreneurship Center
The Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center (SBEC) focuses on providing tools for establishing and expanding businesses in the private sector to spur economic growth. The program has a strong focus on empowering women in the private sector to develop and grow small and medium-size enterprises.
Responsibilities and Duties
As SBEC Research Fellow, he/she will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities of the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Centre (SBEC).
- Design strategies to increase members into the SBEC network.
- Design and implement essential capacity building program for all members of the SBEC Network.
- Creating opportunities for mutual learning among small business owners through Business Roundtables, panel discussions and other forums.
- Coordinating activities with the other members of the foundation in promoting the establishment of a business-friendly environment.
- Develop outline and strategies for timely execution of grants.
- Participate in organizing events. Participate in events as a moderator or panelist.
- Directs and participate in fundraising activities.
- Conduct research and publish articles on Small Businesses in Cameroon.
He/She will coordinate the activities of a team of 2-5 employees. Will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of one or more research projects. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and regulations.
- Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) or equivalent in Business Management or any other related field.
- Has six to ten years relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a working knowledge of PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, and statistical software.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information clearly to a range of audiences, both in writing and through public speaking.
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of English and French.
Application Deadline: Please submit your document on or before the 8th May 2021
Note: Applications shall ONLY be accepted through the online application portal: we shall NOT accept resumes by email.
Kindly click on the link and fill out the application form. The following documents will be required during the application process.
- An updated detailed curriculum vitae;
- A motivational letter;
- A passport size photograph;
- Any other relevant documents relevant for the position.
Apply for this job