Research Officer, Yaoundé, Cameroon
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners' capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the design of data collection methodology and procedures following the OFAC indicators framework.
- Contribute to maintaining the link between RIOFAC and the focal point of OFAC on the one hand, and between RIOFAC and the national coordination teams of COMIFAC in member countries on the other.
- Contribute to the design of complementary studies on topics identified by CIFOR and its partners.
- Organize data collection as needed for complementary studies.
- Provide support to the project manager in the preparation of donor reports.
- Manage entrusted project resources as needed as per CIFOR procedures and regulations.
- Contribute to organizing project events such as workshops and conferences.
- Co-author scientific publications with special emphasis on peer-review publications.
- Contribute to CIFOR's wider mission in Central Africa.
- works with multi-stakeholders, both within the scientific field and outside it by attending meetings and delivering project overviews
- prepare and deliver oral presentations on project issues
- communicate complex or substantive project information provided by or at the direction of the Project Leader
And also contribute to/participate in dissemination activities (of research outcomes) at a national level.
Education, knowledge and experience
- master's degree in Forestry or related disciplines
- a minimum of three years of working experience in research/technical/development organizations
- basic knowledge on scientific publication requirements
- ability to work in both English and French
- capacity to develop a PhD proposal
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- good level of computer literacy
- good oral and written communication
- ability to interact with people in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
- knowledge of the working environment of Central Africa
Terms and Conditions
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position;
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in CFA, commensurate with skills and experience;
- The appointment will be for a period of two year, inclusive of a six-month probation period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources;
- The duty station will be at Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Apply for this job