TheGateway Young Graduate Program - Yaounde
The Young Graduate Program (YGP) is an initiative to operationalize the overall objective of TheGateway which is to harness the untapped youth potential by grooming a new generation of young entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs who are engaged and committed to drive social change. Our YGP targets fresh job seekers aged 18 to 35 from across Cameroon, Africa and beyond who are graduates from any university and/or higher institutions of learning. TheGateway strives to tackle the problem of “Work Experience Trap” and “Skills Mismatch” by facilitating young people’s transition into work by enabling them to become “world ready” and land their first job soon after graduation. The program gives fresh graduates (with little or no work experience) the opportunity to discover working life through a genuine hands-on professional experience while benefiting from technical and professional skills development as well as local and international exposure. Through our YGP, TheGateway is therefore supporting and facilitating young people in Cameroon (in particular) and across the globe to enter the job market by enabling them to enhance their employability following a “Learn by Doing” approach. This program is a great commitment in our belief in Africa Agenda 2063 (The Africa We Want) where we act as a responsible economic player and change maker.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Eager to know how our Young Graduate Program (YGP) works?
TheGateway’s Young Graduate Program is a skills development and enhancement pathway for fresh graduates to follow over a period of twelve (12) months. It includes two key phases.
Upon admission into the YGP, the fresh graduate commits to spends six (06) month in any of
TheGateway offices or her Accredited Centres as an Intern. During this first 6 months as an intern, you will be trained and mentored by an experienced staff or team member to acquire hands-on skills on any chosen job role of your choice that falls in line with you career path/ambition and our organizational structure, manpower planning, vision and operations need. After which an evaluation is done and if the intern fulfils the conditions based on set criteria and terms of references, he/she is admitted into our dynamic team of like-minded change makers as a Junior Professional.
During the next six months, a Junior Professional will have to take frontline or lead role for the
position they have been receiving training under close supervision of an assigned mentor. By the end of the twelve months period, every Junior Professional who successfully goes through the program and graduates in good standing is given two options as follows:
Option 1: Stay onboard TheGateway and be retained as a permanent staff (full time or part time)
with an employment contract and great motivation package (financial and non-financial) to use
the acquired skills and professional attitude to add value to our vision and your career.
Option 2: Should TheGateway no be a fit, you get a recommendation letter (and possible
referral) from management to seek gainful employment elsewhere wherever you may want to.
WHICH POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
Positions for the Young Graduates Program are advertised depending on the volume of operations and project’s needs. Presently, the following positions are available:
- Project Officer (01)
- Administration Assistant (01)
- Operations Lead (01)
NB: Click Apply for this job to find out the job description for each position
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To benefit from the YGP, interested candidates need to be:
- A holder of at least a Higher National Diploma (HND), Bachelor’s degree or related,
- A graduate within 3 years in the job market from the date of graduation,
- Aged between 18 to 35 as at the date of application submission,
- A native from any country in the world BUT MUST be willing and ready to serve/work in
Cameroon or any African country where TheGateway operates,
- Geographically mobile, proactive, team spirited and “hungry” to learn,
- Fluent in written and spoken English with good working knowledge in French,
- A focused person with a well-crafted and written down 3 years career plan and goal.
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM BENEFITS? Enrolling into TheGateway’s Young Graduate Program, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- An amazing platform to identify, plan and equip yourself while building an exceptional and fulfilling career path.
- Acquire 21st century marketplace relevant skills through a learning-by-doing model which leverages on- the- job- training supported by coaches, mentors and technology.
- Periodic review of your individual performance and potential and the necessary personal development plans customized to suit your individual needs.
- Receive regular trainings, skills development and capacity building support (both inhouse and out of house) that aligns with your chosen professional career path.
- Reimbursement of your transportation expenses for the first six months.
- A starter salary for Junior Professionals from the 7th to the 12th month.
NB: Only Junior Professionals who have completed the entre 12 months program successfully and have exhibited high performance and high potential will be integrated into the TheGateway’s workforce as permanent staff.
HOW TO APPLY Interested applicants for the Young Graduates Programs should submit the following:
- A handwritten (NOT TYPED) application duly dated and signed by the applicant.
- Resume/CV with two references who MUST be contacted for moral and background check.
- Three years career plan with clear goals, industry or career path of interest and expectations.
NB: Complete application files MUST be submitted via email (ONLY) to firstname.lastname@example.org and
CC email@example.com with Young Graduate Program as subject.
Do you know why you Have Never Been Called for an Interview or scholarships?
You need Professional Help from our awesome Career experts team to develop
Winning professional CV (resume) , motivation letter & Cover Letter for you at 50% Discount?
You need career management advice?
Then contact us now. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 656140207 and get your CV, Cover Letter or Motivation delivered within hours.
Don't apply for jobs through the above email. Thank you
Recent Jobs in Cameroon New Jobs in Cameroon Jobs in Cameroon
Apply for this job